Wednesday, February 17, 2016

A little Prep in my step!

Hey Everyone!
So I've been sick, the weather here in California has been changing left and right yesterday it was in the 90's and today it's raining. So I got sick and rested these past few days and while resting I decided to watch some TV. I decided to netflix "Gossip Girl" it was one of my favorites back in the day and I thought why not. So today's look was inspired by Blair Waldorf's preppy style which is something I have always loved. 
So when I was watching "Gossip Girl" I seriously thought of this outfit in my head. I first thought of this peter pan collard top and then I thought of these plaid pair of pants. I was originally going to wear this outfit without a sweater because it was so hot yesterday but today it got really cold and it rained so I needed to add the sweater. This outfit isn't a copy of any of Blair's outfits but it's inspired by her and her preppy style.
[Top:JCpenny] [Pants:Old Navy] [Sweater:Forever 21+] [Shoes:LoveD]
So I love collard shirts but their is something about a peter pan collar that is so cute and feminine. Peter pan type shirts were in when I first started blogging a few years ago and I remember really wanting one but I never found one my size. I love shopping sales because I'm a fashionista on a budget, but I remember finding this shirt on sale for $5 and thought it was meant for me because I loved the color, it fit right and the price was amazing. I still would love another one so if you know a place where I can get one leave it in my comments please! 
So true story I have a box filled with headbands, I used to go to the craft store and try to recreate the headbands that Blair used to wear. Now I didn't wear any of those but I thought in honor of Blair I should wear a simple headband to bring it all together. 
So let me tell you about these pants, they are pixie pants from Old Navy and for some reason I always thought they were something that I wouldn't be able to pull off. I saw this pair in the clearance section for $7 and I thought they were such a great deal, I needed to try it out. When I first tried them on I actually didn't like them on me but my mom convinced me they looked great. I really liked the print and the colors so I got them, I'm still not sure if I like them on me. They are a little long on me so I folded them on the bottom but I'm going to get them hemmed soon and I think once they are hemmed I might like them a little better. But I do like how the pants look with this mustard yellow top. 
What do you like to watch when your sick? Is their a character or show that inspires your style? 
Thanks for reading! Have a wonderful day! :) 

XOXO - Nina
{Don't forget to Follow}

2 comments :

  1. This. Is. Adorable. I see Blair written all over it. The peter pan collar and headband are my favorite touches. I think the pants are adorable on your figure and feel both cute and polished. All of the pieces work together so well, and while I see the nod to the theme, it's totally wearable for anywhere you'd want to go.

    I'm glad you're feeling a bit better. Our weather in Nashville has been swinging between frosty and springy, and I always get headaches from the drastic changes in the air and temperatures. For me, I love binging on ANTM, RuPaul's Drag Race, and Project Runway. All fashion themed. lol Surprise, surprise!

    <3 Liz
    www.withwonderandwhimsy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Liz, I'm glad you can see my inspiration in the outfit! Oh I used to love watching reruns of ANTM and project runway is always good, I'm watching the new all star season right now and it's so good! :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...