Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Thinking of Fall...

Hello Friends!
I can't believe October is almost half way over, the time really goes by fast. October is my Birthday month so I don't want it to end because I don't want to get a year older, I'm not prepared to leave my 20's behind! lol But yeah it's mid October but here in California were having a heat wave and I'm wishing for some fall weather soon, I'm so tired of the heat. So in hoping for cooler weather in today's blog I'm posting a fall outfit that is still cool enough for me to wear in the warmer weather we have in California.
So when I thin of fall, I think of leaves turning colors, pumpkin spice everything, cooler weather and fall fashion. Now here in California we don't necessarily have the cooler weather right now but that doesn't mean I can't pull off fall fashion. Now one of my go to pieces for fall are boots and short booties are a great alternative to the thigh high boots that are in style for fall and winter. The booties I'm wearing in today's outfit have already been a go to for me because they work in the warmer weather.
A big trend for fall is plaid or a grid print. When I think of plaid I usually think of a wool material that you can wear in the cooler weather. But I decided to pull this off with a grid print top that is made of cotton which is a cooler fabric for the warmer weather. I also went with a short sleeve which also helps with keeping myself cool during the heat. 
[top:Old Navy] [Vest:Forever 21+] [Pants:Yours Clothing] [Shoes:Ross]
Can I tell you about these pants? I have worn them before with my Yours Clothing Fall trends post (here) and they are so comfortable. I have worn them multiple times already and I love the cutout at the knees, you can't really see them in the pictures but when your wear them they open up and kind of give your legs a little bit of air which is great during the heat. 
I love the idea of fall and winter coats but it is never cold enough to wear them in California so a great alternative is a sleeveless jacket or a longline vest. The one that I'm wearing I have worn this summer and I can see it transitioning into the winter. The vest is great piece to add to any outfit to help elevate it to another level. 
How is the weather where you are? Is there a piece or trend your looking forward to wearing this fall? 
Thank you for reading, I really appreciate it!

XOXO - Nina
{Don't forget to Follow}

2 comments :

  1. Cute fall look, Nina! I wasn't crazy about the windowpane print when it surfaced last fall, but now I'm kind of digging it. And I'm really loving monochrome looks like this one too. The weather in Nashville is being super finicky. We'll have a day in the mid-60s and then the next day will top out in the 80s. Ugh! I really want it to cool off and stay cool so I can build more layered looks. I've been itching to wear my moto jackets, scarves, and tights! Your outfit perfectly showcases one of my favorite ways to get dressed right now: comfy, oversize tops over skinny jeans with a statement necklace to dress things up and tie it all together. Love it!

    <3 Liz
    www.withwonderandwhimsy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Liz, I really liked the windowpane print but this is the only thing I own in the print. But yeah I love layering and being all warm. But I really do love dressing that way right now especially when it's cold outside. :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...