Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Florals: Now and Later

Hey Friends!!!
So I've been struggling a little bit this week, so I'm still trying to get back into the flow of things. As for today I'm bringing another collaboration with some of my awesome blogger friends and this week were doing floral for now and floral for later. Which basically means floral for Summer and Fall!
So I hope everyone is doing well so far, how's the weather near you right now? Well in California we are going through another heat wave, yay those aren't really fun at all. So today I'm showing you how I wear a floral dress for the summer and later on I will be sharing I would style it when it gets cooler for fall.  
So because the weather is so hot I like to add a jean vest to my dresses to give it a little something extra. Actually, originally I started doing this because I was so used to wearing jacket all the time to hide my arms that a vest was a step away from the sweater and jackets I used to wear. I can wear sleeveless now without being self conscious but I think with spaghetti straps I still need a little extra protection with the vest. 
This dress has been a staple for me this summer because it's light and easy to wear. When I saw this dress it was on sale for $10 and I was really drawn to the print for some reason. The print really reminded me of kind of a 90's floral and since it was on sale I knew I had to get it. 
[Dress:Old Navy] [Vest:Forever 21+] [Sandals:Nordstrom Rack]
So after seeing these pictures, I think I need to get my dress shortened to above my knee. You know when your wearing something and looking in the mirror sometimes you don't really see the item well, for me I thought of it as a comfy easy dress to wear. But after looking at the photo's I definitely think I need to get it shortened. 
So for my later look, thinking of colder weather I couldn't resist using my jacket from last weeks Yours Clothing collaboration. The jacket just screams fall winter and I thought the olive green would go really well with the floral print. Turning an outfit from one season to another is really easy with the right accessories. I turned my sandals to boots and my vest to a jacket. I could of easily added a jean jacket but I really loved the Yours Clothing Jacket so much I just had to use it again. 
[Jacket:Yours Clothing] [Boots:Ross]
So if these photo's are a bit dark I apologize because it got dark while I was taking these pictures and I didn't realize until I looked at them and it was a little to late to re-take them. But I did my best to brighten them up. 
What are some ways you like to transition your clothing from one season to another? How do you transition your summer clothes to fall? I'd love to hear!
Thanks for reading and please visit the other ladies and check out how they transition their florals from Now to Later!

Liz - With Wonder and Whimsy
Hailey - Discourse of a Divine Diva
Janeane - Designing from my Closet

XOXO ~ Nina ~
{Don't forget to Follow}

4 comments :

  1. Cutie! Your hair and makeup are gorgeous in these photos. Love that hair twist! I definitely get the 90s vibe from this dress, but for once it isn't daisies! When the 90s prints came back around, it was like retailers couldn't think beyond the daisy, but this definitely has that 90s vibe with a print that's fresh and fun! A vest is a smart layering choice for a bit more coverage. I agree that while I'll go sleeveless, I'm not sure I'm up for spaghetti straps, especially not when my bra straps are way thicker than that. Super creative styling with the cozy military jacket and boots. Soon enough you'll be able to wear it for real!

    <3 Liz
    www.withwonderandwhimsy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe thanks Liz, hair twists have been my go to hairstyle this summer. But yes the print with the daisy's is exactly what I was thinking when I felt the whole 90's vibe of this outfit.

      Delete
  2. Love, love, love the olive green jacket.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...