Thursday, June 18, 2015

Maxing it out for a dog party!

Hello Lovelies!
So today I'm showing you an outfit I wore this past weekend to a Beatles/hippie themed party that I went to. It was actually a dog party that I brought my dog to but of coarse I had to get dressed for it as well. Check out the rest of the post to see pictures from the party and more of my outfit!
So my friend Jeanell who is a wedding and events coordinator had a 1st birthday for her dog and when she throws parties she usually goes all out and her dog penny's party was no exception. 
The house was filled with these little paper doggies all over the place and with Beatles lyrics and pictures all over the walls and tables. She served In&Out for the humans and the doggies. I didn't get to take pictures of all the decorations but let me tell you the house was filled with little touches everywhere. Her dog was wearing a yellow submarine costume for the party. My friend is an amazing party planner, if you live in SoCal area you should definitely check her out (here).
These were the giveaways for all the little doggies that came to the party. My dog Mocha loved the little treats that came in her bag. There was also a doggy photo booth but I wasn't able to get my Mocha to do it because she was overwhelmed with all the dogs at the party. 
Some of the photo booth pictures that I took that day that I put together to show you. The top with is with the birthday girl Penny and below is with Mocha. I made her a little flower clip so she could look a little hippie but you can't tell in the pictures. 

Now on to my outfit, I wanted to wear something that was comfortable and cool because it was hot that weekend plus I knew I would be chasing my dog around so I wanted it to be easy to wear. 
[Top:Target] [Bag:Gift] [Necklace:Gift]
I found this cute top at target on clearance for $7, the sleeves pull down to make the shirt an off the shoulder type but I left them as a cap sleeves. 
[Skirt:Burlington Coat Factory] [Sandals:Nordstrom Rack]
I decided to pair the top with a maxi skirt because they are one of the most comfortable things to wear. I thought this skirt was cute because they had two slits that help you move around a little more and give you a leg action as well. 
I'm not sure if my outfit was hippie but I feel it had a boho vibe to it. How do you think I did with the Hippie theme? What would you wear to a hippie theme party?
This week I decided to participate in my blogger friends Hailey and Aislynn's Sartorial medley challenge for this month which is Maxi and thought this fit perfectly with my Maxi skirt!  

Thanks for reading!

XOXO ~ Nina ~
{Don't forget to Follow}

8 comments :

  1. I love your outfit, and it looks fantastic on you! I think you definitely captured a bohemian vibe - modern hippie. Very cool, and what a cute party!! I am always in envy of people who are so good at creative party planning and decorations.

    Cassie
    http://stylecassentials.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a bunch Cassie, I'm glad you can see my influence in the outfit. I'm also so envious of people who are so creative and arts and crafty.

      Delete
  2. Yay!! I loved your outfit-- perfect for the theme! And of course, Penny and I loved having you and Mocha! Thanks so much for sharing her party and doggy date soon! ❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, thanks for inviting me and of coarse you so creative I wanted to share the party! :)

      Delete
  3. cute!! i think that is a precious idea. thank you for always supporting me and my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks so fun! OMG! I love the photos you post with your gal pals and cousins. I miss those sorts of outings now that our friends are all back in Michigan! The party decorations are so cute. What a creative event! I loved this outfit when you posted it to Instagram, and I was so excited when I saw your post and knew there would be more pictures! I love how you put this outfit together from the eclectic skirt, to the ruffly feminine top, to the fringed bag. And I love your hair! How about a tutorial? I know how to do the twists, but I don't know how to do the curls. I'm only just learning how to use a curling iron, and it's a struggle. lol

    <3 Liz
    www.withwonderandwhimsy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Liz, yes I really enjoying spending time with my family and friends. The event was very cute and so much fun. I've been thinking of trying to do a hair tutorial but I'm not sure how I would picture it but maybe! :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...