Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Curves Around the World:Blogger Inspiration

Hello my Lovely Friends!!!
So today's post is a bit late due to the fact that I haven't been feeling well but the post is up. Today's Curves Around the World post is about blogger inspiration and I have to tell you I am inspired by so many bloggers so this was hard for me to choose but I chose someone that has inspired me more then just with style. 
So when I was trying to pick which blogger to inspire me I went through my instagram and looked at all the bloggers I follow. When I was scrolling through pictures I decided to look up a few of the bloggers that I have been following since I first started blogging in 2010 and I was reminded why I started blogging back then. I picked Allison of Curvy Girl Chic because I remember when I started following her I thought it was so cool that she was a plus size asian because you didn't see very many plus size asian bloggers. When I started my first blog it was called Fobulous me and it was about how I loved my Filipino culture and how it inspires me in my life and style. I started this blog because I loved my culture but also because I wanted to be part of the plus size movement but also show there are plus size asians out there too. 
(image from CurvyGirlChic)
But yeah Allison has also inspired me by her feminine and chic style. She loves prints and color, something I don't have too much of in my closet. And to be honest my original outfit I was going to wear for this post was completely different but I didn't feel comfortable in it so I decided to go with a more inspired look. As you can tell by the middle pictures I did try to recreate the look in my own way. 
When I was looking through Allison's instagram feed I was inspired by a lot of her outfits but I think this one stood out to me because it felt like a great spring look and it is also very much my style. 
[dress:Wet Seal+] [top:Old Navy] [shoes:LoveD] [hat:Forever21] [bag:Kate Spade]
Mocha made a little appearance in my photos again. :) 
Let me tell you about this hat, I have a big head and it's really hard for me to find hats but forever 21 has hat sizes and this large size actually fit my head. So yay for having hats with sizes because it lets someone like me find a hat that fits.  
Thanks for reading! Who are some of the bloggers that inspire you? 
Now don't forget to check out the other lovely ladies from Curves Around the world! 
Aislynn from Denmark - Aislynn's World
Kate from Australia - Sparkles and Lace
Thulie from South Africa - Thick Fit and Fabulous 
Olivia from Singapore - Curves Become Her
Jennifer from Germany - Dressing These Curves
Liz from Nashville, USA - With Wonder and Whimsy
Stephanie from Germany Dress it Curvy

XOXO ~ Nina ~
{Don't forget to Follow}

4 comments :

  1. I love this! It's funny, when I first saw the picture, I was like, "This looks really familiar. Why do I recognize this?" And then when I saw you were inspired by Curvy Girl Chic, I was like, "Aha! It's inspired by that Lane Bryant outfit!" I love that LB selected her as one of their monthly Lane Girls. I also admire her feminine, chic style, and I think you captured it so well here. The hat keeps it feeling very Nina, though. It has your signature hip edge. I also love your choice of basic black pumps and that black and white bag. It is so cute! What a perfect purse - it'll go with everything!

    I just adore this outfit, and I think it perfectly represents how you can emulate another blogger's look with completely different pieces and still nod to their style while being true to yourself. You're such a cutie, Nina!

    <3 Liz
    www.withwonderandwhimsy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Liz, yeah I tried to make a look that was similar to her's but still me and I'm glad that it translated that way! I really do admire her feminine and chic style.

      Delete
  2. Great inspiration, and I love your photos! I've been following Curvy Girl Chic for a long time, and I love her style. I love your skirt and you did well with the inspired look.

    Cassie
    http://stylecassentials.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cassie, yeah I've been following her for awhile myself and I really do love her style.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...