Monday, April 20, 2015

Curves Around the World: Parisian

Happy Monday Friends!
I hope everyone had a great weekend, I can't believe it's Monday already! I'm on time today with my "Curves Around the World" post today and our theme is Parisian. 
So when I think of Parisian style I think of neutrals, simple silhouettes and less is better. So when I was trying to come up with an outfit I decided to go with one of my favorite color palettes black and white but to add my little spin to it I had to add my pop of color!
One thing that I really liked about Parisian style is they wear stripped shirts, I decided to wear this put instead of a regular shirt I went with a collared one. I paired the top with a white fit and flare skirt because I didn't want something too short or too tight and thought this fit was just right. 
[Top:H&M] [Sweater:Forever 21+] [Skirt:Sears] [Shoes:LoveD] [Hat:Target]
So when I think of Parisian fashion I think of simplicity and less is more. So to accessories my outfit I picked my mustard yellow beret, I couldn't resist not wearing one. I had a phase where I really liked wearing them and I own quite a few but I decided to go with the yellow because it felt like a nice pop of color but not too much. 
What do you think of Parisian style? How would you pull of Parisian style? 
Thanks for reading, please visit the other lovely ladies below!
Aislynn from Denmark - Aislynn's World
Kate from Australia - Sparkles and Lace
Thulie from South Africa - Thick Fit and Fabulous 
Olivia from Singapore - Curves Become Her
Jennifer from Germany - Dressing These Curves
Liz from Nashville, USA - With Wonder and Whimsy
Stephanie from Germany Dress it Curvy

XOXO ~ Nina ~
{Don't forget to Follow}

6 comments :

  1. Too cute, Nina! The beret, even if it is so stereotypically French, is an adorable touch. I've always loved berets. I just do not have a hat head. It is sad. You pull it off perfectly, though! I think "less is more" was a great approach to the Parisian theme, and you know that "less is more" is something I struggle with. I just realized the hat is your only accessory, but the look still feels perfectly put together and accessorized. The stripes and hat make just the right statement. You reigned things in just right. I'd have so much trouble resisting throwing on a necklace or something. lol Magnifique!

    <3 Liz
    www.withwonderandwhimsy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Thanks Liz, I know the beret is so stereotypical but I just love it still. hehe But yeah I don't think I have a hat head myself because it's hard for me to find hats but I think berets work, you should try it, I think it would look great on you.

      Delete
  2. Such a cute outfit, Nina!! I love the Parisian inspiration, and the overall look is adorable. Looks great on you!

    Cassie
    http://stylecassentials.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks Elle, I'm glad it translated well! :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...