Friday, October 31, 2014

Curves Around the World: Halloween Edition

Happy Halloween!
Hey lovelies, I hope your having a wonderful day. So "Curves Around the World" is back and today were giving you our Halloween style for this year. So Halloween happens to be my Birthday, so I pretty much always dress up. So this year I didn't know where I was going but I decided to put this costume together anyways. I like DIYing costumes because costume's are so expensive and can be so generic. So I went on pinterest and searched there DIY costumes and came across an Owl costume. 

I saw one DIY costume and decided to google it and saw there were so many people who did the owl costumes, so I took those as inspiration. First thing I did was look through my mom's old fabrics and only found one that would work and I decided to go with felt because it seemed really easy to work with. I went to the fabric store and I found out they were on sale so I got 3 colors to compliment my printed fabric. The colors I got were yellow, brown and grey. 
So most of the DIY's said that they used a pillow case to as the base of the dress but for me I had my mom sew me a simple dress because I know my body would not fit in a pillow case. 
So for my owl headband I just found a picture of different owl faces and tried my best to try to copy the shape of it. Then I took extra felt that I had to make the eyes and I decided to add some eyelashes to my owl because I thought it would be cute. 
Thank you for reading and I hope you all have a wonderful Halloween.What are you doing for Halloween? What are you going to be this year? I would love to hear about it. But also don't forget to check out the other lovely ladies in the links below.


Aislynn from Denmark - Aislynn's World
Kate from Australia - Sparkles and Lace
Helen from England - Everyone Should Sparkle
Thulie from South Africa - Thick Fit and Fabulous 
Olivia from Singapore - Curves Become Her
Jennifer from Germany - Dressing These Curves

XOXO ~ Nina ~
{Don't forget to Follow}

8 comments :

  1. This is so creative, Nina! If you haven't uploaded this to Pinterest yet, you totally should. I need to add you and see what you're up to over there! I go through spurts with Pinterest. I won't look at it for weeks and weeks. And then I'll spend an entire day on it. It's addicting!

    I think your outfit turned out so sweet, and I love that you went for something different. I'm not a fan of party store costumes either because I feel like they're all the same. Let's take a beloved female character, shorten her skirt, and make a sexified version of her look! That's fine and all, but it's not my style. I had much more fun dressing for this Halloween. It wasn't a costume party, but we were encouraged to dress like our rock'n'roll idols. It's a theme I've never dressed for before, so I had fun putting together an edgy rocker look.

    Hope you had a Happy Halloween!

    <3 Liz
    www.withwonderandwhimsy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Liz, I'm in the same way with pinterest, I can stop going on for weeks at a time and when I go back on I get too excited and I'm on there for long periods of time. And yeah I agree, it's hard to wear costumes from the store, they just aren't me and I think it's fun being creative and putting together a costume. But yeah I saw your Halloween post, you looked great, it's always fun dressing up! :)

      Delete
  2. Oh my gosh!!! You guys did an awesome job in making this costume!!! It's so creative, and looks perfect on you! Hope you had a wonderful birthday!!!

    You're right...DIY costumes are the best!!

    Cassie
    http://stylecassentials.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cassie, I did have have a great birthday thanks! :) And yeah DIY costumes are the best, the one you did on your blog was great! :)

      Delete
  3. ermagawd cute owl costume :) It's really cute and the hairband is a nice twist on just slapping a mask on your face! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this! I might be forcing my mom to make me something similar next halloween. Or maybe just wear it around and see if it becomes a new trend? just kidding! It's super cute, and you look so beautiful!
    -Ash
    www.thecurvaceousgypsy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awe thanks, you never know it might be a new mod trend maybe with different colors! hehe :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...