Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Curves Around the World: Red

Hey Lovelies! I hope your doing a wonderful, it's that time again for another "Curves Around the World" theme. This weeks theme is a very simple "Red!" Which seems to be a very popular theme for a lot of bloggers this week because as I was doing my rounds and reading different blogs, their are a lot of bloggers that posted "Red" looks this week! So what a great coincidence that our theme is "Red!" 
So with the theme being "Red" I thought it would be easy for me because it's one of my favorite colors. But when I looked at my clothes, I noticed I didn't own very much clothes that were red, I had a lot of red accents on my clothes but not really a whole piece that was red. But as I looked through my closet I found a pair of red jeans that I got from Forever 21+ awhile ago, that have never been worn. I got these pair of jeans on sale and I think they were only $6 and for jeans that's a deal I couldn't pass up. But I've never worn them before because red is such a bright color and it really makes you stand out. Don't get me wrong I love bright colors but for some reason these pair of red jeans scared me. So this theme was perfect for me to challenge myself to wear them. 
{top&jeans|Forever 21+} {vest|Old Navy} {shoes|mom's closet}
So this is the outcome of the outfit, I went casual with the red jeans because I wore them to a friends birthday party which was very casual. I wanted the rest of the outfit to be more neutral because the red is so bright and the main focus of the outfit. That's why  I matched it with a black shirt from Forever 21+ that I absolutely love and I wear it a lot, and I'm actually surprised I've never worn it on the blog before. I didn't like it with just the black top so I wore an old vest that I own to break up the black a little bit. 
My friend took my pictures for me and this shot was a random one of me when I was trying to hide from the sun, but I thought it came out cute so I decided to put it in the blog. hehe As you can see the statement earrings theme seems to have inspired me to wear different earrings other then my regular hoops that I wear constantly. I didn't really get a shot of my earrings but I like that I am pushing myself to wear more things that I own that I don't usually wear because like the earrings and the jeans. 
Here's a closer shot of my jeans, I like how my friend took this photo the color of the grass next to my jeans looks pretty cool. But yeah in the picture you can tell it's not a solid red but like strands of red through the jeans and sometimes in certain lights they even look pink. But I think it's pretty cool and I like them because there a little different and I'm happy I decided to wear them for this weeks theme. I'm sure I'll wear them a lot more for fall/winter! 

What do you think of the color red? Is it something you wear a lot?

Now that you've seen my look don't forget to check out the other lovely ladies from "Curves Around the World" and see their great "RED" looks! 

Kate from Australia - Sparkles and Lace
Helen from England - Everyone Should Sparkle
Bine from Germany - Bine Button
Thulie from South Africa - Thick fit and Fabulous
Steph from Hong Kong - Fat and Fabulous in HongKong 

Have a wonderful week! ~Nina~
{Follow Me}

20 comments :

  1. Hi Nina,
    omg the red jeans looks soo good on you. It's a great outfit for a garden party..looks so comfy.

    ♥ Bine

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the red on you! i need to get myself a pair.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, you should definitely get a pair!

      Delete
  3. Nina I adore these jeans! Such a great colour. I'm like you. I love the colour but don't own too much of it.

    I really like this outfit!

    everyoneshouldsparkle.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Helen, yeah I don't own a lot of pieces but I think I might try to get some more because I'm liking it. hehe

      Delete
  4. Nina you look wonderful as always - love those red pants on you: they really were a bargain - good on you :)
    http://thickfitandfabulous.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Thulie! Yeah they wear a bargain I couldn't give up and now that I actually wore them I'm really glad I got them! :)

      Delete
  5. Wow you wouldnt think forever 21! I can never really find my size in there. They look great. I like the photos, how they show the detail of the threading in the jeans. They're a great colour. Love your curves from around the world addition too! :)

    Much love!

    Louise

    Http://www.stylemecurvy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Louise, have you tried forever 21's plus line? That's where I get a lot of my clothes, I don't really fit there regular clothes, but there plus line is really great.

      Delete
  6. You're rockin' the red jeans. Glad you decided to be bold!! They'll get you noticed, but for good reason!

    Cassie
    http://stylecassentials.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cassie, I'm really glad I decided to wear them too! :)

      Delete
  7. Love the vest and pants! I'm looking to buy a new denim vest too since it usually goes with almost everything I own. :)

    Abi
    http://thebelatedbloomer.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Abi, I'm looking for a new vest as well, this is an old one and I think your right denim vest go with everything. :)

      Delete
  8. nice fancy pants nina :) i like that it has some little parts that look pinkish. i also recently bought a couple of stuff from F21 too. they were on sale ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shayne, don't you just love forever 21 sales! :)

      Delete
  9. Nice pants!
    Dear, I'm inviting you to visit my blog and if ever you like it, pls do follow.
    I am following you now <3

    Cassie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cassie and sure I will check out your blog! :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...