Wednesday, May 15, 2013

The Renaissance Faire

Hey everyone, I hope everyone is having a great week so far. This past weekend I was able to go to the Renaissance Faire with a few friends. It was a fun experience, I have never been before so it was cool to see everyone dressed up in costumes and speaking in old English. We were able to do some archery with a bow and arrow, It was so much harder then I thought but it was a fun experience. We even watched the Jousting competition, it was very interesting. 







This is the outfit that I wore, it was very hot outside so once again I didn't wear a jacket. I knew it would be a hot day and we were going to be outside, so i decided to wear something light that would keep me cool. Thank you to my friend Iris who helped me take pictures of my outfit that day.
{sunglasses|Forever 21} {shirt & shorts|Old Navy} {tank|F21+} {shoes|LoveD} {bag|my moms} {necklace|Philpinnes} {watch|Kohls}

So below are a few pictures from the Faire, I wish I took more but because it was so hot, I was kind of lazy. hehe 




They had so many cool random things that were cool, but things were so expensive. They had some pretty flower crowns but they were way over priced. These masks were really cool too and they had so many different kinds and  they have some great details on them as well.
Above is a pictures of some of the performers at the Faire, look how great there costumes and makeup are. I love how they were just chilling on the ground while people surrounded them and took there picture. 

This is a picture of my friends and I, as you can see two of my friends dressed up as a pirate and a gypsy. I wish I would have dressed up too because it was fun seeing everyone dressed up and it would of been fun to dress up as well. But I didn't really have something to dress up in. 
The last picture is of my friend Iris and I, wearing some really cool hats that they let us try on. I actually really liked the hat, I think it's a pirate hat and it had a really cool feather in it too. 

Have any of you ever been to the Renaissance Faire? What would you dress up as if you were to go? 

Have a wonderful day! ~Nina~ 

{Follow Me}

16 comments :

  1. The biiiiig downside is how expensive everything is. I spent about fifteen bucks on a pretzel and various forms of lemonade. Worth it, though!
    My friend's mom had a really cool costume, and it was funnyow often we were stopped for pictures.
    Sounds like you had a great time. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah everything is so expensive and yeah I spent my money on drinks because it was so hot, so yeah it was worth it. That's cool what did your mom's friend dress up as?

      Delete
  2. This looks a lot of fun Nina! Did you get my email? This outfit is really summery. Sounds like you had fun! We havn't really seen summer in England yet! :(
    x

    everyoneshouldsparkle.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't checked my email yet, I will check it later today! Sorry it's been awhile since I've checked that email. Is it still cold in England? I wish it was still cold, I'm not liking the heat here.

      Delete
  3. I've never been to a Renaissance Fair, but it looks like a great time!!! Sounds like you had fun!

    Cassie
    http://stylecassentials.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually went to a Renaissance Faire once and it was awesome! So many swords and gorgeous costumes... The only downside of the costumes were that it was insanely hot that day...it would've been awful to be wearing so many layers in that weather >_<

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah it was very hot the day I went, I couldn't imagine how hot the people in all those layers were especially the ones with corsets on. But it was pretty fun minus the heat.

      Delete
  5. I have never ever been to a Renaissance Fair but it looks like you had a really great time there! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow,looks like u had a great time. Your rockin that shorts girl! you look great!

    kristine1219.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. this looks like so much fun :)

    _____________________________________________
    Check out my blog too: heylinni.blogspot.com
    Fashion, hauls, ulzzang, tutorials, reviews <3
    Please help me grow my blog by commenting or following me! Message me if you do follow me, I'll gladly follow your blog back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks it was and I'll be sure to check out your blog! :)

      Delete
  8. Ooh...I'd probably go for a lady-type of outfit, or go totally rogue in Robin Hood. LOL! :D

    Looks like absolute fun!

    Abi
    http://thebelatedbloomer.blogspot.com
    twitter and instagram: @BelatedBloomer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah those would be great costumes to wear and it was very fun! :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...